Happy New Year 2016, dear readers! And traditionally I'm happy to share the pictures of our ice town in the Square of 1905 of Yekaterinburg.
This winter the recession in Russia affected everything including the Ice Town. There were no foreign sculptors invited this year only local. However the ice town is as specatcular as usual!
In 2016 the theme is Russian Fairy Tales.
The Square of 1905 is not the only place to see ice sculptures in Yekaterinburg. The contest 'Star of Bethlehem' for best ice sculptures started in front of the Church on the Blood on Christmas day (January 7th).
Click at the gallery to see more photos:
- Christmas 2012. Ice Sculptures at Church on Blood
- New Year 2012 in Yekaterinburg. Ice Town
- Ice Town in Yekaterinburg 2015
- Ice town of Yekaterinburg 2014 is about Olympics
- Ice town 2013 in Yekaterinburg