An annual military parade was held in Yekaterinburg today at 10 am
In Europe the war was over on May 8th. But when the end of the Second World War was announced it was midnight in Moscow and early morning of the next day in the rest of Russia. Therefore in Russia 9th of May is a public holiday and a parade day in the largest Russian cities.
This year citizens could tell a story of their relative who fought at the war and get a poster with his photo.
The Victory Day finishes with fireworks in the evening all over Russia. In Yekaterinburg the fireworks will take place at 10.30 pm (local time)
- Military Museum in Verkhnyaya Pyshma
- American Spy in the Urals
- New Year 2012 in Yekaterinburg. Ice Town
- Urals through the eyes of an Italian photographer
- Yekaterinburg – 290s Jubilee