January 7 is a Christmas Day in Orthodox Russia. The main celebrations in Yekaterinburg are held in and around Church on Blood in Honor of Tsar Martyr Saints' murder. Every year the best Russian ice sculptors come to create breathtaking symbols of Christmas and Mother Russia's saints all made of ice.
This year the most prominent sculpture is no doubt the ice icon of the Romanovs family with young Tsarevich Alexey in front. Wish you all Merry Christmas!
Here are some more pictures, Iv'e taken today:
- Christmas 2012. Ice Sculptures at Church on Blood
- The Romanovs’ gruesome end
- The Romanovs Monastery on fire
- Christmas in German style in Yekaterinburg
- Yekaterinburg city tour: Novo-Tikhvinsky Convent